Friday, August 8, 2014

Week 2: What Makes a BLOG Successful?

Hi everyone! I am Lakeesha from Sri Lanka and welcome to my very first blog. I have never blogged in my life before but it looks pretty interesting so far and it will definitely be a challenge since I have no experience and it will help me to develop my own thoughts and ideas by sharing and getting feedback from others.

Purpose of My Blog

The main purpose of my blog is to share my own thoughts and feelings on different topics and to obtain feedback from the reader. Their feedback, would be very useful for me to develop my writing skills, critical and creative thinking. In addition, you have to have a passion and interest towards a particular thing to do it. You can’t do something if you don’t have a passion to do it and you have to try something at least once in life to be successful.

There are some people who are still updating their personal diaries and journals, but rather than recording your own thoughts on a piece of paper, it can be more purposeful to share their ideas and thoughts with others and to get a response which may help them to develop their writing and imagination skills.

Blogs are very helpful for people to express their own thoughts, ideas and feelings around the world through Internet and for example, it will help an organisation or a business to get feedback from their targeted audiences. 

How Will I Create Useful Posts?

Firstly, I would research about the topic and identify the main points that I want to write about, rather than just jumping on to write about it. Secondly, I would make a draft and read through it to check any mistakes then I will check that with my family or friends to see what they think about it and whether it needs to make more adjustments. Finally, I will write my final copy and read it before sharing with others. It is better to read it more than once before sharing it with the world because it is unfair to share the wrong information with others and make them confuse about something.

Research gives you the opportunity to know more about a particular topic, learn something new, to solve your own problems and allows you to increase you interest towards certain topic. Also it’s fun to research about something that you really keen to know and helps you to collaborate something in professional manner.
 
Favourite Blogger

I like video blogging rather than traditional blogging. There are lots of bloggers that I like but for some reason iisuperwomanii is one of my all time favourite blogger since she is a motivational speaker and a video blogger. The best part of her videos is that she engages with the audiences from the start to finish. She has the ability to make audiences laugh while providing good examples and lessons that we could take from listening.

Strategies For Obtaining Readership

Strategies are important to make your blog more user-friendly and attractive. First strategy to gain readerships is to have a good writing skill, stay active on your blog which means to keep updating it frequently. Secondly, interacting with the readers by responding to their feedback and commenting on their posts which are similar to your topic helps you to gain more readers. Finally, making an appropriate topic that will attract readers straight away to read your blog and this will help readers to find your blog by searching on the web.


Reference

CCCA. (2010). Purpose of blogging. Retrieved from http://www.ccca.org/mzqirt_bba/social_blogging_purpose.asp


8 comments:

  1. Great first post. Easy to read and flows well. I think part of the task was to discuss something from the lecture, but a good read nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start and as Hannah mentioned, it flows really well. Good choice of image and good quantity as well. Makes the post less an essay and more a casual read which is one of the defining characteristics of a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent blog Lakeesha.. Well documented and it looks perfect.. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well um not a proper reader ... But after reading this, my idea was change.thank you lakeesha for making me think about this in a different ways. Good luck with your further blogging.um looking forward to read more blogs of yours... Keep writing ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent first read, and I love your use of media (pictures) in getting your point across to the future it made the blog feel very engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start.... !! It looks like a professional editor !!!!! Really good on pictures picking... hope you going well in following blogger's life hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Star for a great future., it's amazing and it's so professional. keep writing and good luck..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic start you are natural. the article is well organised,easy to follow. Do not stop and keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete